In this article, you’ll find
- How to be elegant
- Habits of a classy woman
- Be inspired by other elegant women
- Elegantly chic lifestyle
- …and more!
How to be Elegant | Elegant Woman: 100+ Ways to be Elegant
How to be Elegant?
Here are 101 ways that can help you become the elegant woman that you’ve always wanted to be. Living elegantly isn’t complicated, but rather being intentional and empathetic.
“Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” Audrey Hepburn
How to be Elegant with 101 Ways of an Elegant Woman
1. She thinks of others and their feelings before her own. People would talk of her as a woman willing to give her the shirt off her back.
2. She never judges others for anything. It’s not her place because she understands that she’s not any better.
3. If she has nothing good to say, she won’t say anything at all. Nothing is more unflattering than someone who gossips.
4. Always waits for everyone to begin eating. Once she has a few bites she genuinely finds something to compliment the chef.
5. Keeps up her curb appeal of her house because she appreciates that her neighbors do the same as well.
6. Never talks about anything personal regarding sizes or amounts. No bra size, weight, age, money, how big her house is, nothing.
7. She thinks if her Grandma wouldn’t be proud of her, then she reconsiders her actions.
8. Knows that a restful night sleep and a glass of water is better than any makeup.
9. Never litters. She waits for the garbage no matter how long.
10. Acts as if someone is watching, even if no one is.
A sophisticated woman is one that is organized and because of that, calm and in control
11. Keeps her keys always in the same place when not using them. She knows life is too short to be wasting time looking for anything.
12. She is never late. She is usually five minutes early. By doing so, she reserves the table, or pre-orders drinks or just sits patiently waiting company. She respects other people’s time.
13. Appreciates an intellectual debate.
14. Doesn’t need to always be right – even if she is.
15. She maintains mystery.
16. Doesn’t even think of going into consumer debt, for anything.
17. She isn’t afraid of getting dirty helping her husband do outside chores and work in the garden.
18. If anything, she appreciates hard work and the fruits of her labor.
19. She admires a child’s curiosity and doesn’t speak down to them. She engages them with all her genuine attention.
20. Knows life is about the very small and simple pleasures – like watching birds peck at crumbs, smelling the spring rain, ironing the wrinkles out of a shirt.
21. Realizes that fairy tales don’t exist and is realistic when life gets tough. She persists and never gives up, since she doesn’t consider it an option.
A classy woman doesn’t obsess on the “what-if’s” of her life
22. She knows grass isn’t greener on the other side.
23. Doesn’t like to sleep in – unless it’s cuddling someone special.
24. Isn’t afraid to stand up for what she believes, but does so ever so gently.
25. Doesn’t walk around with chipped nails or chipped nail polish.
26. She has a little phone book with everyone’s numbers, address, birthday and any other important dates. She is always keeping up to date with people around her.
27. Sends thoughtful cards on special occasions or at times of need.
28. Carries around a small tube of moisturizer for her hands, because let’s face it, it is not every elegant to have scaly hands.
29. Thinks good thoughts of everyone because she knows that’s the secret to being beautiful. A kind face is more beautiful than what any skilled doctor can do.
30. Practices patience with everything in her life. She takes all the opportunities she gets to master it elegantly.
Living elegantly is not about being perfect
31. Rarely forgets a name because she finds a method that works best for her. But if nothing works, then after the meet, she writes down the name and a few important things about them. That way she won’t forget.
32. She doesn’t need to yell to get her point across. A calm voice is the most effective tool.
33. Looks to other women for inspiration. She doesn’t need to compete.
34. Doesn’t procrastinate, ever.
35. Wears makeup sparingly, especially during the day.
36. Enjoys learning new things because you can never know enough, and dumb-ing down is not an option.
37. Understands her weaknesses and tries to make them her strengths.
38. She doesn’t waste time on social media or looking up pointless things. Her time is much more valuable.
39. Finds herself true hobbies that she enjoys. She isn’t afraid to take up new ones either.
The elegant lady loves herself that she is able to love others
40. Doesn’t take people or other opportunities for granted. She understands that everyone has something to offer.
41. Can control herself when it comes to impulse spending. Instant gratification is hard to resist, but the consequences are enough to steer clear of it.
42. She saves up for a rainy day.
43. She can put things into perspective, when she’s having a bad day. She counts her blessings and changes her negative attitude into a gracious mindset. She knows how blessed she is. Sadly, there are a lot of people who have it worse out there.
44. Writes thank you notes even for the smallest of gestures. She also tries to make it very personal.
45. Goes very gracefully against the grain.
46. Seeks out good books to read, and doesn’t determine them with what movies are out.
47. Finds the colors that are most flattering for her. She doesn’t allow trend setters to determine her clothes. She understands that it is never a fixed thing, rather it is very fluid. She sees how her fashion evolves as she ages.
48. Embraces her face and all it comes with. This is the face she deserves.
49. Wears an apron, even when just doing laundry.
50. Lives by the Golden Rule – she knows what goes around, comes around.
51. Doesn’t wear herself thin, because that isn’t good for her or anyone else around her.
Dress elegantly and see how people will treat you differently
52. Washes her face every night, she knows that consistency is key!
53. Doesn’t fall for the schemes of anti aging cream. Even though she has her weak moments, at the end of the day, she knows she can’t run from Father Time.
54. Doesn’t waste a thing. There are some people that could only dream to have what she has.
55. She doesn’t obsesses over any one little thing. Being a perfectionist is almost a curse, so she tries not to take anything too seriously without looking like a joke. Through time she has mastered that fine line.
56. Takes pride in everything she does. It can be something as little as cleaning out her cat’s litter to her career, it doesn’t matter.
57. She isn’t a martyr, if there is a more easier route, she will take that. No need for unnecessary suffering.
58. If someone were to say something bad or unbecoming of her, no one would believe them.
59. She keeps to herself, and can keep every secret.
60. If she makes mistakes, she is the first one to admit it and then immediately rights her wrongs.
To define elegant is to remember humility
61. She doesn’t feel the need to be superior. Not over her co-workers, not over her friends, and especially not over her husband.
62. Before a dinner party or a gathering, she brushes up on current events/politics/anything else relevant so that she can keep up any conversation without sounding redundant.
63. She tries to learn a new word everyday and attempts to use it (within reason).
64. Fits exercise in her everyday movements, instead of designating time at the gym. By doing so, she knows that it is easier to keep for the rest of her life.
65. Makes an effort to be present in every conversation. No matter how small or insignificant.
66. Stops and smells the roses, or can appreciate that by slowing down a little bit, life has much more to offer.
67. Cleans up after herself and her responsibilities, like her dog or children. She doesn’t expect others to do so.
68. She appreciates quality over quantity, with everything in her life. She would be more likely to have a couple pairs of nice pants then many mediocre ones.
69. Walks properly in any shoe. If so, she practices until it comes naturally.
70. Takes care of her family because even though she is busy, she knows how much they appreciate it. She loves to spend time with them, especially on holidays (see what she does on Christmas Eve)
71. She understands how her feelings and the mood she is in has the power to make the rest of her family the same. With that in mind, unless something is terribly bad, that she tries to remain positive. Women have so much influence over their loved ones that sometimes we forget.
Knowing how to be elegant is easy because it’s about loving your life
72. She likes to wake up in the morning without chores she has to catch up on.
73. She picks one thing to be her signature. Whether it is lipstick, purses, hats, button-down blouses. Regardless, she revels in that look.
74. Doesn’t make the same mistake twice.
75. Doesn’t regret her past because she knows that made her the woman she is today.
76. Strives to be the role model that she wishes she had when she was younger.
77. She never forgets to say please, thank you and you’re welcome.
78. She aims to make everyone comfortable around her, if that means sacrificing something she enjoys or her own comfort – so be it. It’s for the greater good.
79. Her husband knows how lucky he is and she also never lets an opportunity pass her by to let him now how lucky she is to have him.
80. Has a little emergency drawer that contains birthday cards, sympathy cards, gift cards to coffee shops, and other little things that she can easily whip up.
81. Holds her purse the proper way.
An elegant woman doesn’t shy from her true self, but embraces it
82. Wears her glasses, if she needs to. This way she won’t squint as much. She will thank herself 20 years down the road.
83. Thinks of everything she does as an art. From doing the dishes to folding laundry.
84. Has a beautiful serving teapot with appropriate teacups and some biscuits for impromptu visits.
85. She anticipates elegance in everything she does. In other words, prepared for anything.
86. Listens to all types of music, she cultivates herself to appreciate all kinds of talent.
87. Reads inspiring quotes everyday to help her better herself.
88. Finds peace knowing that there is something bigger than herself out there.
89. Smiles. A real genuine smile is the key to many things.
90. Keeps personal and meaningful things. From cards from her husband to a movie stub on their first date. Even her dog’s first collar. Anything sentimental that can bring back delightful memories.
Classy yet trendy is matching your style with classics
91. She knows life is very short, and she needs to make the most of it. But that doesn’t mean to do something stupid.
92. Spends time with her elders to hear of stories and other more difficult times.
93. Thanks God for everything she has.
94. Eats healthily but also gives in and eat what she desires (portion control!)
95. She overdresses for success, meaning that she doesn’t want to appear underdressed and possibly sloppy. Instead, she errs on the smart casual look.
96. She doesn’t compare her life to others. Because no one really knows what happens behind closed doors.
97. She loves random acts of kindness. She seeks them out – paying for someone’s coffee or putting in a quarter to an expired meter.
98. Sends flowers for everything. She knows how much other people appreciate it.
99. Loves trying new things, whether it’s a new experience or a new food.
100. She walks with her head held high and her heart open.
101. Knows how a little sun and fresh air and a few glasses of water everyday is better than any vitamin, green smoothie or magic pill for a long healthy life.
How to be elegant today and forever and live as an elegant woman
Take these few tips and try to adopt a few of them every day. It doesn’t need to be stressful or something to obsess over, but rather study how to be elegant with watching other classy women and how they move so elegantly. It isn’t only about the elegant outfits or elegant style, but rather be loving.
Embrace your life, add elegance and spread love by treating others with respect.
How to be an Elegant Woman
1. Be polite. Always have a kind word to say about someone, and always address people by their title and last name if you’re not related to them. Greet others with a handshake or a smile, shake hands when meeting someone for the first time at work or school, and give everyone you meet the same level of attention as your date on prom night.
2. Correct the posture. Stand up straight with your shoulders back, but relax them from time to time so that people don’t think you’re trying too hard (you will feel uncomfortable and dizzy if you maintain this posture). If someone asks for directions in front of their rural property, stop because it’s customary; pull over if it’s on the freeway.
3. Pardon the interruption. Do not interrupt others when they are speaking, especially if it’s a group conversation. Wait for your turn to speak and then use as few words as possible to convey meaning.
4. Patience at the table. When dining privately with the family, wait until everyone is served their meal before you begin eating yours. This should be done silently without using utensils to remove food from serving dishes.
5. Compliment. Always have something flattering to say. If you cannot find anything nice to say about a person, keep it to yourself.
6. Keep your word. If you say you’ll call someone, do so. If you can’t provide a specific answer because it hasn’t been decided yet, tell people when they should expect to hear from you again about the issue.
7. Never be late. Do not be late for important events or gatherings such as job interviews, dates, and family dinners (if it’s a big family, by the way, that’s almost always more informal). If you think you’ll be late, call to inform others ahead of time so that they aren’t waiting for you.
8. Remain calm. Don’t panic in a crisis situation or when things don’t go your way. You can do it! If you’re not sure how to deal with a delicate situation, ask questions and let someone help you instead of doing something you might regret later.
9. Keep clean and fresh. Maintain good hygiene and a well-groomed appearance in public areas such as offices, public transportation, and restaurants. Shower regularly and wear clean clothes every day to be considered a well-groomed person. Make sure your clothes fit — this is very important! Wear proper undergarments so that your clothes will always look sharp and crisp. Clothes are an important part of it.
10. Don’t be loud. Don’t be a loud person around others and don’t draw too much attention to yourself. This includes avoiding the following: shouting, clapping your hands, and whistling, among other things. If you need to make noise in public places, use either the spoon on the side of a plate or the tapping of your nails on a hard surface.