Elegant Home: Making an Elegant Home Series
PART 1: The Entrance
WE SHOULD FIRST EXPLAIN WHAT AN ELEGANT HOME IS…
- It is about how the senses experience the home.
- It is about the placement of the furniture and the ease of getting around from room to room and not feeling intimidated or overwhelmed by clutter.
- It is about displaying love and feeling the love when you enter in the home. It is very obvious if you respect your house or not.
- It is not Martha-Steward-perfect-Thanksgiving set tables, but more about how we receive and greet our guests and how easily we can put their belongings in a place, so they don’t feel like a burden.
- The elegant home should help us be confident and at ease with ourselves, and not feel a wave of panic setting in when someone unexpectedly rings the doorbell.
- The main focus is on the guests and them truly enjoying their time with you and not thinking that they are inconveniencing us.
- An elegant home should be warm, welcoming, and most important, it should make you happy and proud every time you walk in.