I can’t believe it’s been a year since I have been blogging!
It feels incredible, mainly because when I started this amazing adventure, I wasn’t sure how this was going to go. But it turned out that blogging has been one of the best things that has happened to me!
It makes me stay accountable and not give up on it. There has been many hobbies of mine that I sometimes just give up, but for some reason, this hobby has grabbed a hold of me and I refuse to let it go!
It just seems fitting that on my year anniversary that I got nominated for this special award! Not once, but THREE times! I feel so blessed to have so many amazing Twitter and online friends!
The people that nominated me are:
Check out their blogs! These women are amazing and I feel so privileged to call them my friends!
To prevent this post from being too long, I am going to split it up in three posts!
First things first!
For the first part of this post, I am going to focus on each woman and answer their 11 questions, but then I am only going to ask 11, not 33 because, well that is quite a lot!
Let’s the get the rules out of the way!
The 4 Rules:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog!
The first nomination was from Gutsy Girl.
If you want to see her answers from another blogger click here.
These are the 11 Questions she asked on her nomination.
1) What would be your go to topic to write about when you get writer’s block?
I absolutely hate writer’s block! I feel that this happens so much at the very beginning of every writing session. I don’t necessarily have a topic, but more of a feeling. When I feel like I can’t think of anything else, I just start to remember why I started writing. What really moves me. What affects my emotions and after that, that is when I feel like the words can come out freely without feeling forced.
2)Why did you decide to start a blog?
I began my blog for a couple reasons.
The first reason was because my daughter had just passed away. She was a month old and I needed something to distract me and keep me busy. I needed something else to truly care about. My wonderful husband had told me to start blogging because I always talked about it before, but with a baby coming and work being busy, I didn’t have the time. That is why I always think that blogging has saved my sanity.
The second reason I started a blog was because I am truly passionate about living elegantly and I really wanted others to do the same. It seems that elegance and living elegantly means one thing to people, and that is outdated. I want to show others that this is not the case at all! It’s about living life to the fullest (as cliche as that sounds!)
3) Your tips for brand new bloggers?
Don’t even think of stopping. Just keep writing! When I first started this blog I had a few hiccups. I didn’t know how to blog! So I tried to do it weekly but then I felt so disconnected from my blog! Then I decided that for a few months I would write every single day!
So I did! I wrote around 100 posts in 3 months and I felt that was the best thing I could have ever done!
I considered that almost all of them are evergreen posts and still get read to this day.
The reason why I think doing this is to fill up your blog with as many (good) posts as fast as possible. It helps with traffic, which boosts your self-esteem! It will keep you wanting to come back and write!
4) If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
This one is always a funny question!
When I am feeling lazy and don’t want to move, that is when I wish I could be a loved domestic house cat! They have it the best! Even a well loved dog does too, but they have to go outside and sometimes (especially on days like today) I wouldn’t want to!
5) How do you manage time to run your blog smoothly?
This is a tough one!
Like everything in life it always changes. To be honest, this is something that I still struggle with today. My husband and I own a business and we work 7 days a week. It can be so hard. So sometimes my blog does suffer and it makes me a little sad. So I try to not waste my time when I am on the computer!
I feel like being on Twitter or another social media platform is a must! However, if you’re not careful you can waste too much time on it!
6) What’s your favourite film?
I am funny I guess, I really don’t like movies all that much.
But if I had to pick one it would be “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” or “Sabrina” but that is mainly because I have the biggest crush on Audrey Hepburn!
7) And what film best describes your life!?
Well, this is a hard one!
I am not sure because we live a very boring and routine life (couldn’t ask for a better one!) . But I suppose it would be Groundhog Day! …haha… no no… it’s just because we do the same thing everyday that’s all!
Sounds like it would make for a terrible movie!
8) What type of networking do you think is better to enhance traffic to your blog?
This was the million dollar question for me when I just started out!
I am going to have to say Twitter!
I used to not understand Twitter and get frustrated that I felt others were getting so much traction! But once you find your friends and how to talk to others on there, it becomes so much fun and it’s a great way to send people to your blog!
As I write this, I am trying to get Pinterest to work better for me, so we will see! 😉
9) How much time do you spend blogging?
Because it’s not just about writing, but it’s about promoting, networking, thinking of ideas, brainstorming.
To be honest, whenever I have a spare moment I am blogging. It does take a lot of time but really is quite worth it!
10) Where is your dream holiday location?
I know I just returned from there, but I really do love it there! I could move there!
11) Would you like to still be blogging in 5 years time?
And perhaps an author of a book or two!
My 11 Questions
1) When it comes to your blog, what do you think is the most important quality to have?
2) If you were on the show Friends, what character would you most likely be most similar to?
3) What can’t you live without in the mornings? And why?
4) Is blogging everything you thought it was going to be?
5) What is your favorite kind of books to read?
6) What kind of cuisine could you eat everyday?
7) What is your favorite past time or hobby?
8) To date, what is your most precious tip to living a well-lived life?
9) What is one quirky thing about you that not many people know?
10) If you had a super power for a day, what would you choose?
11) What is the most pointless gift you have ever received?
If you have already been picked, I would love for you to send me your links! I love seeing the different answers!
I wish you all luck on the nominations and have fun with these questions! Blogging is about having fun and changing lives, however, enhancing yours is just a wonderful side effect!
I hope you all have a great day and I will be posting the second part tomorrow and the third Thursday!
I look forward to talking soon! xoxo
Let's Keep it Elegant!
I would love to keep in touch with you!
Connect with all my social media accounts and let’s keep the conversation going!